Detailed note on activities carried out by the Academy
Veda Samskrita Academy (Reg.) proudly presents the following before your good self;
- The Academy was blessed and inaugurated by divine Guru Shri Raghaveshwara Bharati Mahasvamijee of Shri Ramachandrapura Math on 21st January 2002 at Hegde Village building No. 158, Kumta Taluk, North Kanara District (Karwar District), Karnatka State.
Samskrita School – Shri Mahaganapati Samskrita Pathashala
- The Academy is operating a Samkrita School named Shri Mahaganapati Samskrita Pathashala, Hegde (“Pathashala”) which enables pupils to enroll for a Samskrita School to pursue their education in the line of Veda & Samskrita.
- The said pathashala is conducting classes for Samskrita Prathama Class as approved by the Directorate of Samskrita Education of Karnataka Samskrita University, Bengaluru.
- The students of Pathashala are appearing for the yearly exam conducted for Samskrita Prathama by Directorate of Samksrita Education and producing good results.
- The Society was renamed as “Veda Samskrita Academy” from “Veda Samskrita Prasaranee Sabha” at its special meeting of the society held on 3rd January, 2011 vide passing unanimous resolution to that effect.
- The Academy represents through its Directors in various conferences and seminars to accelerate the knowledge of Samskrita around the globe. Dr. Gopalkrishna Hegde, Director of the Academy had been the Chairman of International Samskrita Conference on the subject of Shodhasatra of Jyotisha Shastra held at Vijnana Bhavan at New Dehli on 23rd and 24th August, 2013.
Research Journal (Accredited with ISSN)
- The Academy is accredited with National Institute of Science and Information Resource (“NISCAIR”), New Dehli, through issuance of International Standard Serial Number (“ISSN”) number in the year 2011. The Trust publishes Journal of Veda Samskrita Academy (“Journal”) since year 2013 which consists of Research Papers of Research Scholars of various Universities.
- University Grant Commission (“UGC”) in the year 2009 has enumerated under its rules that the Ph.D. Research Scholars shall ensure that their Article related to the research to be published in a Research Journal (accredited with ISSN) before the final submission of the papers to the Universities. Veda Samkrita Academy is supporting such eligible scholars to publish their article in the Journal after due approval by the Committee formed for such purpose.
- The Journal is published biannually and have published eight editions to date.
- The various editions of Journal are inaugurated by following eminent prophets;
- First edition – Prof. Mallepuram Venkatesha, Vice Chancellor, Karnataka Samskrita University, Bengaluru
- Second edition – Shri Raghaveshwara Bharati Swamiji, Shree Ramachandrapura Matha, Hosanagara. Shivamogga, Karnataka.
- Third edition – Shri Bharati Teertha Swamiji, Shree Sringeri Matha, Srngeri. Karnataka.
- Fourth edition – Shri Gangadharendra Swamiji, Shree Swarnavalli Matha, Sonda, Shirasi, Uttarakannada, Karnataka.
- Fifth edition – Shri Sadyojata Shankarashrama Swamiji, Chitrapura Matha, Shirali, Uttarakannada, Karnataka.
- Sixth edition – Shri Sachchidananda Jnaneshwari Swamiji, Karki, Uttarakannada, Karnataka.
- Seventh edition– Prof. A. Shreepada Bhat, Jyotisha Dept. R. S. V. Tirupati, at Rashtriya Sanskrit Sansthan (Deemed University) Guruvayoor Campus, Puranattukara, Kerala on the ocation of National Seminar (16th – 17th February 2017)
- Eighth edition– Shri Vamanashrama Swamiji, Vaishya Samaja Matha, Haladipura, Honnavara, Uttarakannada, Karnataka.
- The Academy is also organizing various social and religious programs for the betterment of the people and society at large.
- The Academy is determined towards establishing a Research Centre to facilitate the Research Scholars around the globe.
- The Academy is also planning towards setting up a Knowledge Centre (under Research Centre) to preserve various manuscripts on Veda and Samskrita thereby enabling the Scholars around the globe to retrieve the knowledge at finger tips. The Trust is also inspired towards collecting the older manuscripts available as on date and preserve the same through electronic mode.
- In addition to the present infrastructure resources, Academy is planning towards increasing the capacity during coming days.